Bradley R. Hoyt

Initial consultation  ~  No Charge            24/7 Call  ~  513.218.5621        "Not just a good attorney, but good advice."     *Serving Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky since 1982.
 Attorney Profile
 Practice Areas
   Criminal Defense
   Family Law
   Personal Injury
   Business & Taxes



I provide representation in several areas of family law including divorce proceedings, custody and spousal support.  These areas can be a difficult process filled with disputes and disagreements.  As an experienced Mediator I have facilitated the settlement of legal disputes in business, contracts, torts, personal injury, probate, divorce and family matters.  As a Mediator I will work with you to develop agreements on difficult issues while protecting your rights and interests.  

Call 513-218-5621 for a no charge child support and spousal support estimation.

A dissolution is a non-adversarial legal proceeding to terminate the marriage relationship.  Parties wishing to seek a dissolution must reach an agreement regarding the division of property, and if applicable,  the allocation of parental rights and the payment of spousal support.

A couple seeking a dissolution will file a Petition for Dissolution and a Separation Agreement with the Court.  The Court will then schedule a hearing where both parties must be present.  The hearing will take place between 30 and 90 days after the Petition for Dissolution is filed with the Court.  Generally, the entire dissolution process can be completed within three months or less, whereas a divorce with children can commonly take up to 18 months to complete.

A dissolution offers several advantages over a divorce for couples wishing to terminate their marriage.  A dissolution is significantly less expensive, faster and more amicable than a divorce.  However, a dissolution is not appropriate in all circumstances.  Prior to deciding whether a divorce or dissolution is appropriate in your circumstances you should consult with your attorney.



A divorce is a civil lawsuit filed by one spouse (the "plaintiff") against the other spouse (the "defendant") seeking a termination of the marriage.  When a divorce is filed, the plaintiff is essentially asking the court to make a final determination regarding the division of property, and where appropriate, spousal support and allocation of parental rights.

Where the parties are unable to come to an agreement on the division of property, and if appropriate, the allocation of parental rights and the payment of spousal support, a divorce may be the only option for terminating the marriage.



Determining your child support obligation

Ohio law provides strict statutory guidelines for determining the monetary amount of the child support order.  These guidelines take into consideration the number of children, the gross income of the parents and various other factors to arrive at a specific monetary value.


After arriving at a specific number you will need to consult with your attorney to determine if you can take advantage of certain statutory deviating factors.  Depending on your circumstances these deviating factors may permit a reduction or increase in the child support order.


A flat fee is available for dissolutions and some other family law matters. Divorces usually require an hourly fee due to the uncertainty of the dispute and time required.


Family Law Resource Links

Parent-Child Tort Immunity 

Divorce and Wiretapping and other Interceptions of a Spouse's electronic Communications 


Establishment of a Guardianship

Establishment of a Guardianship

Exclusive Jurisdiction of Original State Under UIFSA


Click here to make a payment using PayPal.


Serving clients in Clermont, Warren, Hamilton, and Butler Counties in Ohio, as well as clients in Campbell and Kenton Counties in Kentucky.

The laws governing legal advertising in the state of Ohio require the following statement in any publication of this kind: "THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT. "This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.